If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]
2595 Portage Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba R3J 0P5
(204) 832-1368

Pet Health & Medicine

Veterinary Partner
Trupanion Medical Insurance For Your Pet
PetSecure Pet Health Insurance
Canadian Animal Blood Bank
Companion Animal Health Fund
Manitoba Animal Care Line  Animal Welfare concerns

Veterinary Referral Links

WCVM Small Animal Clinic
MVMA News - Notice of veterinary specialist clinics (Ophthalmology, Dermatology, etc.)
Natural Healing Veterinary Care

Pet Rehabilitation

Animal Rehabilitation - Silvia Lavallee

Pawsh Dog Wellness Centre

Pet Travel

Regulations for traveling in and out of Canada:

Canada Border Information Services
Phone: 1-800-461-9999
E-mail: CBSA-ASFC@canada.gc.ca

IATA Traveler's Pet Corner (airline transportation)
Government of Canada -  Travel documents for your pet
Government of Canada - Bringing your pet to Canada
GOC(CFIA) - Terrestrial Animal Health - Exports
GOC(CFIA) - Importing or Traveling with Domestic Dogs
GOC(CFIA) - Importing or Traveling with Domestic Cats
GOC(CFIA) - Do you need a dog import permit?
GOC(CFIA) - Import Policies - Pet Food
ezbordercrossing.com - Bringing your pet food across the border (Can/US)  see below:

Bringing Your Pet Food Across the Border
It can be tricky to get pet food across the border, especially those that say they contain “by-products.” See our page on “Prohibited Items” and you will note that pet food frequently contains some of these prohibited products.

The regulations for the U.S. and Canada are different and change very frequently so you may need to call the information lines for each country to be sure what the current rules are.  You may want to avoid this hassle by having a company like Amazon drop ship some food to your destination.

  • To bring food across the border it must always be in its original packages – do not carry it in plastic containers.  Any pet food in non-labeled packages may be confiscated.

  • The label should show where it was produced.

  • The ingredient list should be clearly displayed.

  • As of this writing, products containing sheep, lamb, or goat will not be allowed into the U.S.

  • Your best bet for getting food into the U.S. is to have unopened bags that state the food was made in the U.S.

  • When entering Canada, you may bring up to 20 kg, of pet food if it was manufactured in the U.S. or Canada. The pet that will eat the imported product must be with you.

USDA - Bringing your pet into the United States from a foreign country
USDA - Take your pet from the United States to a foreign country

  Cats  Health and Behaviour

Cornell Feline Health Center  Health and Behaviour
Cathealth.com  Health and Behaviour
icatcare.org  Behaviour
Making Your Home Cat Friendly
Preventing Behavior Problems with the New Kitten
Inapropriate Urination in Cats
Advances in Understanding and Treatment of Feline Inappropriate Elimination
Cat Behaviour Associates
Inter-Cat Aggression
Cat Fight After Vet Visit
Catinfo.org  Nutrition
Transitioning Feline Dry Food Addicts To Canned Food
Indoor Pet Initiative
The Cat's Pajama's:  Using Wearable Products to Support Behaviour Change
Feliway  Cat pheromone product
MeowSpace Enclosure  Feeding or litterbox solution

  Dogs  Health and Behaviour

Indoor Pet Initiative
Fear vs. Respect
AVSAB Position on Puppy Socialization

Dr. Sophia Yin - Information sheets

Fleas & Ticks

Reminder Tools

Skunk Odour Removal

Multiple Species

Exotic & Bird Care
Small Mammal Care
House Rabbit Society

Lost & Found Pets

Tattoo Designation List   Decode an ear tattoo to trace a lost pet.
Winnipeg Lost Dog Alert
Winnipeg Lost Cat Alert
Winnipeg Animal Services Lost and Found Pets
Winnipeg Humane Society Lost Pets

Pet Boarding Facilities & Services

Barala Kennels
Santana Kennels
Canine Country Club 
Waldenway Canine & Kitty Camp Inc
Pitter Patter Petsitters Angel's Haven 
Louise's Dog Services 204-896-0207 or 204-293-7676
Cats Cradle (204) 867-6945
Exclusively Cats (204) 287-8810

Pet Transportation / Pet Sitters / Dog Walking

Home James Pet Taxi

Pet Sense
Angie's Animal Care
Winnipeg's Pets Furst
Pets Stay Home

Pitter Patter Pet Sitters

Sturgeon Park Dog Care
Friendly Paws
Care For Pets Unlimited
Louise's Dog Services 204-896-0207 or 204-293-7676

Wildlife Rehabilitation

Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Manitoba Wildlife Rehabilitation Organization
Injured Wildlife - Gov. of Manitoba Wildlife Branch  Tip Line: 1(800)782-0076

Veterinary Topics