Online Pet Health Libraries
Animal Welfare Concerns
Veterinary Referral Links
Small Animal Disease Research Charity
Regulations for traveling in and out of Canada:
IATA Traveler's Pet Corner (airline transportation)
Government of Canada - Travel documents for your pet
Government of Canada - Bringing your pet to Canada
GOC(CFIA) - Terrestrial Animal Health - Exports
GOC(CFIA) - Importing or Traveling with Domestic Dogs
GOC(CFIA) - Importing or Traveling with Domestic Cats
GOC(CFIA) - Do you need a dog import permit?
GOC(CFIA) - Import Policies - Pet Food
ezbordercrossing.com - Bringing your pet food across the border (Can/US) see below:
Bringing Your Pet Food Across the Border
It can be tricky to get pet food across the border, especially those that say they contain “by-products.” See our page on “Prohibited Items” and you will note that pet food frequently contains some of these prohibited products.
The regulations for the U.S. and Canada are different and change very frequently so you may need to call the information lines for each country to be sure what the current rules are. You may want to avoid this hassle by having a company like Amazon drop ship some food to your destination.
- To bring food across the border it must always be in its original packages – do not carry it in plastic containers. Any pet food in non-labeled packages may be confiscated.
- The label should show where it was produced.
- The ingredient list should be clearly displayed.
- As of this writing, products containing sheep, lamb, or goat will not be allowed into the U.S.
- Your best bet for getting food into the U.S. is to have unopened bags that state the food was made in the U.S.
- When entering Canada, you may bring up to 20 kg, of pet food if it was manufactured in the U.S. or Canada. The pet that will eat the imported product must be with you.
Exotic & Bird Care
Small Mammal Care
House Rabbit Society
Lost & Found Pets
2017 Manitoba Tattoo List
Pet Boarding Facilities & Services
Canine Country Club
Waldenway Canine & Kitty Camp Inc
Pitter Patter Petsitters Angel's Haven
Louise's Dog Services 204-896-0207 or 204-293-7676
Cats Cradle (204) 867-6945
Exclusively Cats (204) 287-8810
Pet Transportation / Pet Sitters / Dog Walking
Home James Pet Taxi
Parasite Prevention & Treatment
Fleas & Ticks
- Treatment Time
- Bravecto (for Android phones) Bravecto (for iPhone)
- Revolution for Cats
- Revolution for Dogs